Welcome to Off the Reels! I grew up in Ohio, which might make you think I love football. I truly love all sports, but I’ve grown up at the ice rink. This blog is dedicated to my personal favorite sport to watch: hockey! With Off the Reels, I’ll be sharing updates behind the scenes of Springboro High School Hockey.
Interview with SHS Hockey Junior Liam Hatton
The Panthers played in the Blue Jackets Cup against Olentangy on Friday night. Goals were scored by Danny Murrow and A.J. DeRosa, but with several skaters injured and the bench running short, the Panthers were defeated. On the bright side, this gave them a little bit of extra rest before the OHSAA District Tournament this weekend. The Panthers will be on the road to the Ice Haus at Nationwide Arena to face off against Bishop Watterson at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday. This week, I talked to Junior Liam Hatton to get the inside scoop on playing for the Panthers. Meet #3 Liam Hatton… Hockey story: Liam started playing hockey when he was eight years old, and he has been playing ever since. He wanted to give hockey a try because he liked its fast pace and intensity. Liam lived in California, where he played for a team called the Titans. Fun fact about this team: they were funded by the L.A. Kings! Gameday routines: All of the Panthers hold their own unique game day rituals. Some shotgun...
Comments